Monday, November 14, 2011
Indulge Yourself! 6 Ideas for YOU Time
You may not get a whole day at the spa, but you can learn to take advantage of those brief but precious windows of freedom when the baby naps or spends time with Dad or is at school and you don't have a million errands to run before pick up time.
Only have 15 minutes? Make the most of them.
1. Make yourself a cup of tea take it outside and just relax sit so you can soak up the sun's rays so you will feel rejuvenated (if its too cold sit inside at a window that the sun comes through.)
2. Throw out your old bras and underwear you have been meaning to get rid of and order yourself new ones that make you feel pretty or sexy or both.
Have a half hour all to yourself?
1. Grab your favorite food and curl up on the couch to watch a tv show you always wanted to see an episode of. Check out youtube or hulu to see what you can find.
2. Go out for a walk around your neighborhood. No kids, no dog, no cellphone just you and your thoughts.
Have an entire hour to yourself?
1. Pull out that book you started a month ago and find somewhere cozy to sit and relax. No computer, no phones, no cooking. Just you and the book.
2. Go for a drive and listen to the music YOU like. Open the windows or sunroof and enjoy the day. If you live in the suburbs drive somewhere scenic if you live in the city explore a nearby neighborhood you have never visited. Bring a camera along and take some pictures of what you see so on those days you can barely manage 5 minutes to yourself you can look at the pictures and remember the relaxing drive you went on.
|This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.|